- An intuitive Org Chart which is easy to navigate
- Automatically build Org Chart based on imported data
- Allow users to create own layouts for viewing and printing
- Pivot table type interface
- Simple "Who is Who" functionality
- Simple global HR database functionality
- Support data such as skills, location, salary, grade, etc.
- Typical Org Chart view and File Explorer type view of organization
- Export search results to excel
- Support up to 100,000 employee names in the Org Chart
- Get up and running in a few hours
Easy to view org chart under a specific seat
You can choose from three ways to view the data under each manager.
You can select to display:
- A full node for each employee (useful if no further sub-departments)
- A list box for each employee (this is very useful if sub departments). It supports the displaying of many levels of departments and sub departments.
- A normal org chart branch view (this takes up a lot of space)
The list box view is by the the most useful for displaying parts of the organizations with sublevels as is very compact.
Easy to Navigate around the Org Chart
It is easy to navigate around the the Org Chart, you can navigate higher, lower, collapse and open sections and move nodes to the top of the org chart. This is easy to learn how to do
You can also use the Search feature to go directly to a specific person or department and then navigate around that part of the Org Chart.
View next level or view total organization
It is possible to view the next level and view the total organization below a certain seat. This makes it easy to show a complex organization in a simple view.
This feature deals with the biggest issues of the majority of Org Charts which is that they take up a lot of space and are therefore very difficult to print and view as a whole. This is why many companies still use Excel today to build Org Chart.
Is this example the user is selecting the Vertical List view and the Column view (full nodes) and then collapsing both views. As you can see the Column view takes up a lot more space.
Search for any employees
Search the full organization for an employee. You can search using Employee name, Job Title, Department, Location, etc… In fact you can search on any of the data stored in the Business Card
It can also be used to fined people with experience (with a certain skill), e.g. search for SAP developer. You can then copy these email addresses to memory and paste to your email client to contact them.
After searching for an employee, it will show the location of that employee in the Org Chart and you can view all available user data in the Business Card.
Use shortcuts to view parts of the organization
Public shortcuts can be used for each location or a specific part of the organization (e.g. A sub department) . These shortcuts can be setup by the HR Managers and made available to the organization.
It is also possible to auto display a different default org chart when users login. Users can modify an existing org charts and save as private (private shortcut). They can then select to display this private org chart as their own default Org Chart.
This feature is very useful for teams and managers and differs from other Org Charts that default to top management level.
Support people with multiple functions
The Org Chart supports people with two or more functions. In this example the employee Paul Finn is linked to two different job seats:
- Plant Director for 25%
- Quality Director for 65%
It is possible to link an employee to any number of seats and have different people reporting to him. This makes the Org Chart very flexible. All seats will be listed when you search for an employee name, then you can choose the part of the organization you are interested in.
Pivot table overview
The Org Chart provides a pivot table overview of all the data:
- E.g. Employee Name, Job Family, Salary for your department.
It is possible for each manager to have an overview of the data in their part of the organization and drag in the fields the want to analyse. It also possible to count and sum this data and then export to excel.
It is possible for the administrator to choose which fields are available to view in the Pivot table. Pre-defined reports can also be setup for a company if required.
We suggest to play with the pivot table: Login as userdemo
Modify Org Charts Layout
The normal layout of an organization may be very difficult to view on a screen or print as there are just too many connections and each connection takes up a certain space on the screen
Org Chart Today gets round this by allowing the user to group some nodes together into a group and then it is possible to display the organization in one very company view and this also makes it easier to print.
It is possible to save this layout as a private shortcut and you can reselect this anytime. Changes to employee days (e.g. new employees) will automatically be added to this layout which make private shortcuts easy to maintain.
It is also possible to set your private views as your default views when you login to OrgChart.Today.
Modify layout and save as shortcut
It is possible to modify the layout of any part of the Org Chart and then save this as a private shortcut. The video shows the user selecting full nodes for employees and the saving this as: ChinaPlant
Private shortcuts are useful as it may take you some time to select your required layout and you don’t want to have to repeat this each time you login. Private shortcuts allow you to re-select this layout at anytime.
As you can see you can choose different ways to display employee from using full nodes which included a picture to a more list type view that also supports sub levels in the organization.
Employee data in private shortcuts layouts is automatically updated as it changes.
We suggest to create your own layouts and save. Login as userdemo
Navigate the Org Chart Tree
This is the same data as in the Org Chart but in a Tree folder type view. This tree view makes it much easier to view the organization hierarchy compared to the Org Chart. The tree view also offers the following features:
- Easily navigate around the tree
- Expand or collapse a complete section in the org chart (click on + or -)
- Show only employees that match a certain criteria: e.g. All CAD
- Engineers, Location X, IT Staff, etc.
- Display employee business cards
Search Tree and Export to Excel
The tree view provides the following features:
- Search for employees e.g. Job title CAD Engineer
- Search the above results (sub search) e.g. Country Germany, Spain
- Search the above results (sub search) e.g. Skills
- Display the results
- Export the result to an excel file
Integration with OrgChart.Today
We can support integration with your existing HR System, Active Directory, and other databases. Just let us know which database you wish to use as the source for your org chart, and we’ll custom implement it in OrgChart.Today.
- You can provide us with the data in any format you like; e.g. XML. JSON, CSV, Excel.
- We will give feedback and help you visualize your organization
- You can see OrgChart.Today a client for your master database.
- Identified data mistakes can be integrated with your support desk.
- Changes in OrgChart.Today can also be sent to your organization.
- Images can be upload one by one or a mass upload.
US$ 20 per hour
$380 for 500 employees
+32 477 588 618